Fruit kind: Plum
Origin: ARC Infruitec-Nietvoorbij
Exclusive licensee: Culdevco (Pty) Ltd
PR06-23 is sensitive to sunburn Thin clusters to one fruit/cluster to minimize variability in sugar levels
Chilling requirement: Medium (500 – 600 Infruitec Chilling Units). Better adapted in cooler areas.
Growth habit: Semi-upright
Flowering (10% blossoms open): 2nd week September
Full bloom (80% blossoms open): 3rd week September
Bearing habit: On both spurs and shoots
Disease susceptibility (normal sprays): Normal
Rootstocks evaluated: Marianna rootstock Cadaman
Pollination: Sun Kiss (Main) & Fortune (Both recommended)
Fruit set: Very good
Blossom or fruit: Fruit thinning recommended
Intensity of flowers: High
Harvest date (first pick): Week 3 – Week 4
Control cultivar: After Fortune
Production (kg/tree): Good (same as Ruby Sun)
Fruit size distribution: Count AA / AAA (105g-120g/fruit)
Skin colour: Dark red
TSS at harvest: Between 14˚ & 16˚ brix
Flesh colour: Intermediate bright medium-orange flesh
Eating Quality: Good eating quality if picked at a firmness between 6.0kg and 7.5kg
Storage ability: *PR06-23 possesses excellent cold storage ability when
fruit are is harvested at a firmness between 6.0kg and 7.5kg and can be stored
for 6 weeks at a single-temperature regime
Comments & Recommendations:
• PR06-23 sensitive to sunburn.
• Occurrence of shrivelling was detected after storage at the single-temperature regime and therefore the necessary precautions and protocols should be taken with regards to shrivel sheets.
• *PR06-23 possesses excellent cold storage ability when fruit is harvested at a firmness between 6.0kg and 7.5kg and can be stored for 6 weeks at a single-temperature regime.
• Sugar level of between 14o and 16o Brix should be attained easily (measured with a refractometer).
• PR06-23 is less vigorous on Marianna rootstock compared to other clonal rootstocks.
• Good eating quality if picked at a firmness between 6.0kg and 7.5kg
• Thin clusters to one fruit/cluster to minimize variability in sugar levels
ARC Infruitec-Nietvoorbij: Prof. B Ndimba | Tel: 021 809 3002
Culdevco: Mishkaat Anderson | Tel: 021 888 8473
*= Plant Breeders Rights: ARC Infruitec-Nietvoorbij
**= Data obtained at Bien Donne, Simondium, Western Cape and is not necessarily representative of other areas.
Contact us to find out more about what we offer.